Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Back to school.

I went back to school yesterday.
I wasnt excited. But I wasnt bummed.
I just felt happy I knew what to do and understood most of what everyone said to me.

Today as I was walking up the street back to my house, within a timespan of approximately three minutes, three different guys said the following:
"Ohhhhhh, baby. wheeeere are youuu frahm, baby?"
"You're not from here, are you?"
"Ohhhh, wow."
That is, if you couldn't do the math: 1 boy per minute
It always makes me feel so weeeeeirddddd.

Also, since winter is coming up, and that means it's going to start being gray outside all day.
To this I say two things:
1. "Cloudy with a 100% chance of gray."
2. I think Lima's new official name should be "Bumsville." It is catchy and I think it fits for more than the above-stated information.

Finally, I think I will be taking these classes:
- Sociology of Development (like economic development)
- Political Sociology
- Amazonian Ethnography

I dont think they will be fun, but I think I will be able to draw some conclusions about some complicated feelings I have toward the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment