Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 1

Well, I flew in and spoke with the customs lady, who stamped by passport, and then proceeded to walk through the magical doors that lead to the pick-up area outside international baggage claim. It's like a crowd of fans is waiting for you, holding up posters and signs, cheering wildly while awaiting your grand entrance. After wandering around, confused and lost for ten minutes or so, I finally found my family... Tito and Nancy. I soon found out that there was another girl named Allison, a student, living with them, who came back to get her luggage that the airline lost. We were also waiting for Julia, who showed up maybe an hour later. I actually have met this girl before since we both go to Madison, but don't know her that well. Eventually I found out that there are 7 students all together (from the U.S. and one from Japan and one from Switzerland) in addition to their 3 children. It seems like they will be running a tight ship around here. Which should be good for me. Their house is beautiful and the floors make my feet cold. I have my own room which is where I'm typing from. I have a feeling that I'm going to be a very happy camper here.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great house, were you aware of how many other students were staying there??

    ReplyDelete